Terms & Conditions
Pre-Arrival Refund Policy (Excluding Accommodations)
For any cancellation ELC receives by the first day of the program, most fees are fully refundable. The exceptions are:
- The application fee of $150 and the express mail fee of $75 are non-refundable.
- Airport transfers are refundable with cancellation at least one business day before the service date requested.
- If a student’s request for a visa is rejected a refund will be made in full for all program fees.
Post-Arrival Refund Policy
1. For any course cancellation ELC receives on or after the first day of classes for a course of four weeks or less, no refund will be issued.
2. For any course cancellation ELC receives after the first day of classes for a course of 5 weeks or more, ELC will issue a refund according to the following scale:
- There will be no refund issued for the first four weeks of the course.
- For cancellation requests received in writing up to the mid-point of the course, there will be a pro-rata refund of tuition, minus any non-refundable charges.
- There will be no refund issued for requests for cancellation made after the mid-point of the course.
- ELC reserves the right to expel any student, without refund, whose conduct is not in compliance with government rules or laws and/or regulations of ELC.
- All refunds will be issued at the non-discounted rate.
- For any accommodation cancellation ELC will issue a full refund of accommodation fees with at least four full weeks’ advance notice of the cancellation. Please note the exceptions: International Guest House, ESL Townhouse, UCLA and Wheelock College which have their own refund policies.
- Housing deposits are refundable only according to the conditions listed in the accommodations section of the application.
- Homestay accommodation: In order to confirm a homestay, a non-refundable deposit of $150 must be prepaid.
Additional Accommodation Conditions
- There is an additional $200 damage deposit for ESL Townhouse (in cash only), which is payable upon arrival and refundable upon departure. Deposit will be held in the event that there are damages done to ESL Townhouse property.
- One-time non-refundable move-in fee: $200
- $50 late arrival fee may apply for clients with flights arriving at 9:30PM
- ESL Townhouse Pre-Arrival Cancelation Policy:
- Move-in Fee is charged with less than 30 days’ notice of cancellation
- No weekly fees are due with at least 15 days’ notice of cancellation
- With less than 15 days’ notice, the first 2 weeks are charged
- ESL Townhouse Post-Arrival Cancelation Policy:
- Move-in Fee is non-refundable
- Reservations of 1 to 4 weeks: No refunds are possible
- Reservations of 5 weeks or longer: Refunds are possible with 4 weeks advance notice from the Saturday after notice is given in writing
International Guest House
- There is a $200 damage deposit for International Guest House (in cash only), which is payable upon arrival and refundable upon departure. Deposit will be held in the event that there are damages done to International Guest House property.
- In order to confirm International Guest House accommodations, a housing deposit of $1075 must be prepaid. A full refund will be given if cancellation is received more than 14 days before arrival.
Wheelock College & UCLA
- In order to confirm dormitory accommodation, all dormitory fees must be prepaid. A refund of 50% will be given for accommodations if cancellation is received prior to June 1. After June 1, no refund will be given.
$50 change fee for all confirmed courses and accommodations (no change for upgrades, extensions or pre-arrival changes for non-I20 students).