Things to do in Boston
Each ELC center publishes a monthly excursion calendar which students receive on their first day of classes. Weekday activities include outings in and around Boston. Weekend trips are planned for regional cities and points of interest. Students are chaperoned by either an ELC staff member or a professional tour guide on all activities.
Activities are always optional. Students may sign up and pay as they participate. Also, some of our best activities are free!
The following list includes sample activities available at each ELC Boston. While some activities are organized throughout the year, others depend on the season.
Sample afternoon activities:
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Movies and ice cream
- Freedom Trail
- Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market
- Cambridgeside Galleria
- Museum of Science/Omni Theater
- Tour of Harvard University and Cambridge
- Harbor cruise and pizza dinner
- New England Aquarium
Sample all-day activities:
- Cape Cod
- Newport, Rhode Island
- Six Flags Amusement Park
- Wrentham Outlets
- Mt. Sunapee (Skiing and Snowboarding)
Sample weekend activities:
- New York City
- Toronto/Niagara Falls
- Washington D.C./Philadelphia
Boston is the country's most international city. Rich in history, with an impressive architectural heritage, Boston's many colleges and universities uphold a tradition of excellence in education.
ELC Boston is located in vibrant and historic Beacon Hill. We are conveniently located within walking distance of The Boston Common, the State House, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Downtown Crossing and many shops, cafes and restaurants. Afternoon excursions will take you to Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, the Freedom Trail, the Museum of Fine Arts and professional sporting events of every kind. Students who enroll at ELC Boston benefit from studying and living in a charming, world-class city that is young, vibrant, and unforgettable.
- average temperature: summer: 26°C winter: 2°C
- minimum cost of bus: $1.25
- minimum cost of subway: $1.70
- average dinner price: $8-$20
- 3 miles/4.83 km to the airport
- 1 mile/1.61 km to historic downtown
- 1 mile/1.61 km to Harvard University