Considered the “American Riviera,” Santa Barbara is a beautiful beach city where you can enjoy a variety of attractions, activities and things to do. There’s never a dull moment, and we want you to be able to experience as much as possible during your stay here. You can shop, explore, eat, and take in the beautiful scenery at every turn of the corner. We’ve included some student favorites as well as plenty of other outing ideas for you to choose from.
Some of our ELC Santa Barbara students’ favorite things to do:
- Students can take a ride on the Trolley to get a tour of the historical parts of Santa Barbara as well as a tour of popular local attractions: http://www.sbtrolley.com/
- Students who are interested in going on a tour that travels on land and in the ocean should make time to experience the Land Shark Tour: http://www.out2seesb.com
- Our students really enjoy going bowling at Zodo’s. You can grab a bite with your classmates and then enjoy a friendly round of bowling: http://www.zodos.com/
- Our students have also had a blast visiting the courthouse across the street from campus. There is rooftop access, and from there, you can see a beautiful view of the whole city!
- For those animal-loving students, there’s beautiful Santa Barbara Zoo. It covers 50 acres of land and features over 500 animals. http://www.sbzoo.org/
- For students who like to shop, there is a trip that is offered which allows you to shop at a famous outlet shopping center about 45 minutes away from campus. http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=20
- Students who love shopping love exploring the shops at State Street. The Paseo Nuevo mall is also located on State Street and features many popular stores. http://www.santabarbaradowntown.com/shop
- Students who want to enjoy the beautiful weather that Santa Barbara has to offer usually rent bikes down by the beach and have fun cruising around town! You can rent your own individual bike, tandem bike, or a 4-person bike. http://www.wheelfunrentalssb.com/
Here are helpful links with suggestions on things to do:
On this site, you’ll be able to stay up-to-date on daily/weekly/monthly activities that go on in and around Santa Barbara by viewing the Calendar of Events.
This website is a good resource for you to use if you want to go to all the main attractions that Santa Barbara has to offer.
Here’s a list of 101 FREE things to do in Santa Barbara. The extensive list includes all kinds of fun things that go on around town almost every single day of the week! Who said fun has to be expensive?
*If you are a student at the ELC Santa Barbara, make sure you grab the monthly activities calendar that’s on the front desk in the lobby!