Future Tense in English
September 18th, 2014
Future Tense: speaking of something that will happen in a few hours, tomorrow, or in much time
Future Tense Verbs: to be and will
- Pepe will go to the Boston Common Park this afternoon.
- Pepe is going to the Boston Common Park today.
- Pepe is not going to go to the park.
- Is Pepe going to go to the park? (Yes he is going.)
Certainty: how likely the event will happen
100% Certain: to be going/will go
- Pepe is going to go to the park.
- Pepe will go to the park.
90% Certain: is probably going/will probably go
- Pepe is probably going to go to the park.
- Pepe will probably go to the park.
50% Certain: is maybe going/will maybe go
- Maybe Pepe will go to the park.
- Maybe Pepe is going to go to the park.
This week in Grammar class Amy taught her students about the future tense. Pepe, one of her students, showed us his class notes. Here is a look inside Pepe’s grammar notebook! Thanks for the notes, Pepe! I will give you your notebook back on Monday.