ELC Los Angeles
LA’s Hot List: Favorite Places
September 14th, 2011
Where do ELC Los Angeles students like to go? Everywhere! Here are some of our favorites.
- Every Friday, our students go to Westwood Brewery Company because it’s the best place for happy hour near the school, and a great place to socialize with other ELC students!
- After school, you might find ELC students partying at The Glendon, which is close to the school and has a great atmosphere.
- If you want to eat some great pizza and have a drink in a nice bar, you should go to The Palamino.
- To try great Mexican food (something California is famous for!), we recommend that you go to Acapulco’s!
- Maybe you’ve heard of the famous Barney’s Beanery? This rock-and-roll themed bar and restaurant is a must-see in Los Angeles!
- If you like beer and burgers, you must go and visit Stout bar in Hollywood.
- For one of the best brunches in Los Angeles, try The Alcove!
- To watch some American sports, you should visit Big Wang’s! You can also eat American-style chicken wings.
- ELC students often get their coffee from the nearby Peets, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, or Starbucks before their morning classes!
- If you want to try some really authentic Thai food, ELC students can visit Thai town. Or if they’d prefer to try some Korean BBQ, they can catch the bus to Koreatown!
- Students who love to shop for unique or vintage clothes often head to Melrose Avenue to check out boutique stores. There’s even a market on Melrose/Fairfax on Sundays at the Fairfax High School.
- Students enjoy window-shopping in the very exclusive Rodeo Drive area. Fans of cheesecake may also want to stop by the Cheesecake Factory and enjoy a huge slice!
- ELC students who are looking for brand stores head out to The Grove. It’s right next to the Farmer’s Market, so they can combine their shopping trip with a delicious snack.
- ELC students can often by found at The Playhouse on a Friday or Saturday night enjoying the weekend scene and good music.