ELC has been approved by the US government to issue SEVIS Form I-20s.
Students who wish to study in a program of 24 or more lessons per week should enter the country with an F-1 student visa. Upon entry into the U.S., each student will be required to present a valid passport, the student visa and the I-20 form. Students may also be asked to present an ELC confirmation letter and a financial support document.
ELC will issue an I-20 form within 24 hours of receiving the fully completed enrollment along with all of the following information:
1 Copy of student passport page including:
- Student\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s full name as it appears on the Passport
- Date of birth (including day, month, year)
- Country of birth
- Country of citizenship
- Student\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s permanent address in their home country
- Course start and end dates
- Documentation of financial ability (bank statement) or proof of payment
After receiving the I-20 form, the student must apply for the F-1 visa at the nearest United States visa application office. Most students will be required to have an interview before receiving the visa.
Prior to the appointment for the interview, the student will also need to have paid the SEVIS I-901 fee. Once in the United States, students with student visas must abide by all regulations governing student visa holders and maintain valid passports and I-20 forms.
Visiting Canada and Mexico
Students who wish to visit either Canada or Mexico while studying at ELC are advised to apply for a visa before traveling to the United States. It is typically easier and the response is quicker when a visa is applied for in the home country. However, it is possible to apply for a tourist visa for Canada or Mexico after arriving in the United States. ELC\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Foreign Student Advisor can assist a student in completing the necessary documents